Happy Monday!! In honor of "Motivation Monday" I'm sharing some tips and tricks to help you get back on track and achieve your health and wellness goals!
1. Pick a realistic goal and pinpoint what your motivation is. Whether its because you realized your jeans are way too tight, you have an event, you just don't feel good about yourself, you want to look good for your significant other, or you know you have just been super unhealthy lately..have a goal realistic goal in place in order to figure out the steps you need to take to achieve it.
2. Have a positive mindset. Instead of continuing to focus on all of the crap you've eaten or how bad you feel about yourself... focus on the things you are going to do to regain a healthy lifestyle! Believe in yourself rather than psyching yourself out. Tell yourself it really isn't that hard and that you are going to achieve your goals.
3. Clean out your kitchen. Get rid of all of the unhealthy food and snacks you have in your fridge and your pantry to avoid temptation.
4. Hydrate. Whether you've had a weekend of drinking, or a few weeks of overindulgence, force yourself to drink water throughout the day to flush out toxins in your body and keep yourself from eating when you aren't hungry.
5. Exercise. Although it may be extra challenging to find time to exercise during the busy work week or find the motivation to go to the gym when you don't feel great, being active for even 10 minutes will make you feel so much better about yourself and help ignite your drive and motivation to get back into maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Try hot yoga class, a fun spin class, or taking a walk through the park!
6. Don't starve yourself! Many people think that the fastest and only way to lose weight is to fast or extreme diet. Trust me, this will totally backfire! Numerous studies show that fasting or restricting yourself to an extremely low calorie diet for a short period of time, quickly leads to binge-eating or overeating. This causes you to gain even more weight and fall into a vicious and frustrating cycle of never being able to truly keep weight off for an extended period of time.
Consuming whole, nutrient-dense foods and maintaining an active lifestyle is the key to your success.
7. Satisfy sugar cravings by with fresh natural foods such as sliced fruit. You can get fruit that is already sliced and ready to eat at almost every grocery store in the produce section. When you're craving chocolate or dessert ... try Hail Merry Macaroons, Unreal Chocolate, or make your own paleo or Vegan/gf dessert. Remember to consume everything in moderation.
8. Plan Ahead. Whether you are going to be constantly traveling or have mandatory work dinners lined up on your calendar, plan ahead in order avoid overindulging and to stay on track with your goals.
A great way to stay on track when eating out is to look up the menu of the restaurant before hand. If possible, figure out what the healthiest option is so you won't be persuaded to order what everyone else is ordering at the table.
When traveling, look for the healthiest food options in your airport terminal, such as almonds, skinny pop, a fruit cup or the turkey from the inside of a sandwich, so you don't consume disgusting plane food
Comment below and share any tips and tricks you might have on how you maintain a healthy lifestyle!