Hey guys! I spent a few days in Baltimore last week for the Red Sox vs Orioles series and had such a blast! Although I've been to Baltimore before for Drew's baseball games, this trip was so much fun because I got to hangout with my sorority sister who currently lives there. Side note - Camden Yards also had one of the best opening acts this time - It was an incredible steel drum artist named John Patti play the National Anthem with only two steel drums.
This is a really exciting time during baseball season for us because the Red Sox are extremely close to clinching a playoff spot. In fact, they only need to win 3 more games in order to win the AL East title.
Anyway... if you aren't a baseball fan and heading to Baltimore for another reason, here are some restaurants, fitness classes, and things to do while you're in town. I've also included what I wore during my trip to Baltimore to provide some packing inspiration.
Restaurants We Went To:
- The Lochbar - Super fun restaurant with live music located in the Four Seasons. Open late.
- Azumi - Swanky sushi spot.
- Sweetgreen - Never fails to impress. Love creating my own salad there.
- Ate at the Orioles' stadium twice -- and to our surprise, their crabcakes were unreal! They were 'backfin lump' crabcakes - which is just a Maryland way of saying there were very large chunks of crab in them.
Restaurants For Our Next Trip:
- Mamas on the half shell - Apparently has delicious crabcakes and I can't wait to try them!
- The Boathouse in Canton for more crabcakes!
- Ouzo Bay in Harbor East
- Rye Street Tavern in Port Covington
- The Food Market in Hampden
- Pier Rec Chop in the Sagamore Pendry (very cool new hotel)
- Sabatino's in Little Italy (mentioned on the show, The Wire!)
- Nick's Fish House for waterfront seafood
- Tio Pepe
- Sandlot for drinks and bocce, corn hole, etc
- FXStudios (Under Armour's workout studio)
- Beachfit (Surf class that is awesome)
- 9Round Boxing
- Movement Lab in Remington -- They have POUND (the drumming workout class)
......and then the more mainstream chains:
- Pure Barre
- Orangetheory Fitness
- Corepower Yoga
- Southmoon Under
- Brightside Boutique in Fells Point
- Free People
- Sassanova in Harbor East
Things to Do:
- American Visionary Art Museum -- Very cool mosaic
- Fort McHenry - beautiful cherry blossom trees
- Graffiti Alley
- Patterson Park Pagoda
- Take a water taxi in the Inner Harbor
What I Wore:
Excited for my next trip back to 'Charm City'!